New Kent, VA, is a census-designated place, or CDP, that is rapidly growing in popularity. With just under 1,000 residents, New Kent offers many activities for people who love the outdoors. There are many parks and wildlife conservation areas surrounding the little town. For business owners, New Kent's close proximity to Richmond makes it an ideal place to set up a company. However, as more people move to the area, New Kent County pest control needs are rising, and more pests have also moved in. Read on to learn how Mitchells Pest Control can help your home and business stay pest-free.
Residential Pest Control In New Kent
When pests invade your private living space, it's an overwhelming and frustrating experience. That's why Mitchells Pest Control offers professional, comprehensive residential pest control services. No matter what type of infestation you're dealing with, our expert technicians always provide:
- A thorough inspection of your property.
- Treatment options that are communicated to you and tailored to fit your specific needs.
- Follow-up visits to ensure your home stays pest-free.
All residential pest control services are performed by fully licensed and insured technicians. We value using the most advanced products and treatments available on the professional market, and we keep up with training methods to improve our practice. If pests have invaded your home, don't wait until the problem gets worse. Instead, give us a call today to remove them.
Commercial Pest Control In New Kent
For businesses, a pest infestation could ruin your reputation. Pests could also make your employees and patrons ill and put you in violation of local health codes. To help combat increasing New Kent County pest control issues, Mitchells Pest Control offers the highest-quality commercial pest control services. We focus on excellent customer service with integrity in mind. We help the following types of businesses:
- Retail stores and malls
- Educational settings
- Healthcare and pharmaceutical facilities
- Office buildings
We tailor our treatments to meet your specific pest control needs, and our commercial pest control services include consultations. Additionally, we are Safe Serve Certified, so we provide pest control to commercial entities that sell food and drink. If you are looking for top-quality services from licensed and insured technicians, give Mitchells Pest Control a call today!
What You Need To Know About The Dangers Of Wildlife In New Kent
Wildlife management is essential for New Kent residents. At Mitchells Pest Control, we don't just specialize in the creepy-crawlies. We also handle any wildlife pest that could harm you or your property. Below are some of the types of nuisance wildlife you may run into here:
- Black bears: Notorious for rooting through trash bins and destroying bird feeders, black bears are prevalent in New Kent. They are common and potentially dangerous wild animals.
- Red and gray foxes: These two types of foxes are capable of spreading diseases to humans and harming pets or livestock.
- Raccoons: Another common pest is the raccoon. Like bears, they are dumpster divers that can spread harmful diseases to you and your pets.
Mitchells Pest Control offers complete wildlife management services to help keep your home or business safe from these pests. If you are concerned about your property, give us a call today!
Why Pest Birds Can Be Dangerous And Aggressive Toward Humans In New Kent
Many people forget the importance of bird control when it comes to pest management. Unfortunately, there are several types of nuisance birds in New Kent, and some of them are dangerous to humans, including:
- Geese: While they may be regal looking, there are so many geese in New Kent County that they have become a pest. Additionally, geese can be aggressive and harm you or your pets.
- Pigeons: Theis bird is one of the best cases for professional bird control. Their droppings contain highly corrosive uric acid. This damages pools, cars, and other material items. Exposure to pigeons could harm your health as they can spread harmful diseases like histoplasmosis.
- Starlings: This type of bird flocks together in great numbers, and thousands of starlings could overwhelm your trees, home, or business.
At Mitchells Pest Control, we remove nuisance birds of all types, ensuring safe and clean homes and yards. If you are struggling with the birds on your property, give us a call!
How Dangerous Is It To Have Cockroaches In My New Kent Home?
Cockroaches are among the most dangerous pests in your New Kent home. They are not known to bite; instead, they are harmful to your health due to the diseases they can spread. Because cockroaches spend their time in unsanitary areas, they pick up bacteria and other pathogens on their bodies. When they move around inside your house, they spread those pathogens to any surface they touch. Since cockroaches often take up residence in your kitchen when infiltrating your New Kent home, you can easily pick up the germs they spread when preparing food. Your entire family is at risk of contracting dozens of serious illnesses when cockroaches get into your home.
If you have seen any signs of cockroaches, such as cockroach droppings in your home, shed skins, or the cockroaches themselves, contact Mitchells Pest Control right away. We can take care of your cockroach problem thoroughly and safely, so your family has protection from these dangerous pests.
3 Things You Can Do To Prevent Rodents In New Kent
You don’t want rodents getting into your New Kent home, but these furry mammals are one of the most common pests to invade homes in our area. In order to protect your house from the damage they cause and the illnesses they spread, you have to take preventative measures to avoid a rodent infestation. The following three tips will help you keep rodents out of your New Kent home:
- Remove food sources from around the outside of your house. Inside, keep food stored in containers with hard sides and tightly-fitting lids.
- Eliminate as many harborage areas outside and inside as possible. Outside, trim your grass, remove debris, and keep wood piles stored far away from your house. Inside, eliminate as much clutter as possible.
- Seal any possible entry points into your house. Rodents only need a tiny space to get into your home, so you must seal every crack and crevice.
If you already have rodents in your home, you need rodent control in New Kent that can effectively eliminate the problem for you. Mitchells Pest Control provides rodent control services to eliminate your rodent infestation.
Who In New Kent Wants To Know The Secret To Keeping Away Wasps?
Wasp prevention can be tricky. These stinging insects seem to show up all over the place in the summer months and can make it difficult to spend time in your yard. If you have a lot of wasps on your New Kent property, there is likely a wasp nest nearby. To get rid of your wasp problem, you must get rid of the nest. To do this safely, we recommend calling the professionals at Mitchells Pest Control.
The pest control managers at Mitchells Pest Control know how to get rid of wasp nests in a way that is safe and won’t cause harm to your family. Removing the nest will greatly reduce your wasp problem, allowing you to sit out on your porch or back deck without worrying about getting stung.
The Trick To Effective Termite Control For Your New Kent Home
Termites are wood-destroying pests that can hide in your house for a long time before you know they’re there. In that time, they can do a lot of damage to your New Kent home. Getting rid of a termite infestation is essential to the health of your home, but so is preventing one in the first place. Avoiding termites in New Kent helps you avoid the damage they cause, saving you a lot of money and worry.
If your home currently has no protection against termites, or if you think you already have a termite infestation, you need the 24/7 termite protection and prevention services of Mitchells Pest Control. Our termite control services keep termites out of your house by providing ongoing protection throughout the year. Don’t wait for termites to invade your New Kent home. Protect it with termite control from Mitchells Pest Control.