Trusted Pest Solutions In Midlothian, VA
When critters come onto your property, they may notice that it's a great place to live. This can bring them into the perimeter around your home, where landscape plants may provide them with shelter from the sun and food to eat. Some critters eat plant sap, nectar, and honeydew. Some eat insects, both alive and dead. As critters establish themselves next to your home, it increases the possibility that they will get inside.
Today, we're going to share with you some clever ideas that can keep pests from getting into your home, and tell you how Chesterfield County pest control provides even more control.
Residential Pest Control In Midlothian, VA
Before you contact a licensed residential pest management professional, there are a few ways you can deter pests and keep them out of your home.
- All the little weeds that take root in your lawn can be a buffet for pests. Bugs draw the sap from these tiny plants, and eat the nectar from their tiny flowers. If you address weed problems, you make your property less of a target for pest problems.
- When spiders examine the exterior of your home, they'll choose dusty or dirty locations to create webs. The presence of dust or dirt tells the spider that it is safe to create a web because the area is undisturbed. Cleaning your exterior can make it less desirable for web creation.
- Many insects are attracted to light. Exterior lights can draw them to your home, and entry lights can bring them close to exterior doors. When you open a door, a flying insect can zip right in. Keeping lights off, or replacing white bulbs with yellow bulbs, can deter this from happening.
- Termite workers are always looking for food. If you have dead branches in your yard, you can bring termites into your yard. When you pick dead branches up and store them on a platform, you make it very difficult for termites to gain access to this desirable food source.
- When pests explore your exterior, many will get inside simply because they can. When you use a caulking gun to seal exterior gaps, you create a physical barrier that helps to keep pests out.
When you've done what you can do (and even before) a pest management professional can help you keep pests out of your home. Routine perimeter treatments and pest maintenance stop pests in their tracks and prevent outdoor critters from becoming indoor pests.
Commercial Pest Control In Midlothian, VA
Nowhere is it more important to apply clever pest management solutions than in a commercial environment. Businesses and municipalities are often sensitive environments, and there is zero tolerance for pest activity. At Mitchell's Pest Control, we use Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to address pest threats in commercial environments.
IPM is the gold standard for pest control and is accepted by the U.S. government as the guideline for best practices in the pest control industry. When you have an IPM specialist create a service plan for your business, you know that you're going to be in compliance with all government regulations. More than this, you're going to have a commercial pest management plan that uses environmentally friendly options first. This is the right choice for schools, hospitals, restaurants, and food processing plants.
Don't Try To Get Rid Of Birds On Your Midlothian Property On Your Own
It can be frustrating to deal with birds if you don't have the training and experience necessary to outsmart them. If you attempt to do your own bird control, the first issue you're likely to face is that you're going to waste time, money, and energy.
It is far better to contact a pest professional for bird control and the installation of bird deterrents. Professionals use products that are known to work, and they use field-tested methods to apply these products. You want to get results when it comes to bird control. Birds can damage your property, and their droppings can be a health concern. For assistance with bird control in Midlothian, reach out to us here at Mitchell's Pest Control.
How To Tell If Your Midlothian Property Has A Termite Problem
The most important thing you can do to protect your property from subterranean termite damage is to learn how to detect the warning signs of a termite infestation. Here are our best tips:
- Inspect dead branches you pick up in your yard. If you see pale insects that are about ? of an inch long, it is likely that you're looking at worker termites.
- Inspect your exterior routinely. Look for shelter tubes on your foundation or stairs.
- Keep a watch for white winged termite swarmers in your backyard. If you see even one swarmer, it is time to contact a licensed professional. Swarmers don't travel far from the nest that created them.
If you live in Midlothian, you can always count on Mitchell's Pest Control for termite control and termite inspections. Connect with us anytime. We're here to help.
Just How Dangerous Is It To Have Cockroaches In My Midlothian Home?
Cockroaches are unsanitary critters that you should prevent at all costs. There are a variety of health hazards posed by cockroach infestation, and as a property owner, it’s important to understand the consequences. Here’s why it’s dangerous to have cockroaches in your Midlothian home:
- Cockroaches hang out in drains, feeding on garbage and sewage. Through their travels, they pick up all kinds of pathogens and bacteria.
- As cockroaches crawl around your home, they contaminate vulnerable surfaces with their excrement and discarded skin.
- When cockroaches contaminate your space, they expose you to sickness and disease. Some of the more common cockroach-related illnesses include gastroenteritis, listeriosis, giardia, E.coli infection, cholera, dysentery, salmonellosis, and typhoid fever.
At the end of the day, the best way to protect your property from the dangers of cockroach infestation is to contact a team of experienced pest professionals. Mitchells Pest Control offers dependable roach control and prevention solutions you can trust. Call us today to learn more, and we’ll set up your initial inspection as soon as possible.
Midlothian Homeowner's Comprehensive Guide To Rodent Prevention
Finding rodent activity in your home is beyond upsetting. Not only that but spotting one intruder is usually indicative of a larger infestation. Rodents multiply rapidly and can grow their populations to large numbers quickly. Here’s a comprehensive guide to rodent prevention for Midlothian homeowners:
- Block off any potential entry points.
- Eliminate excess moisture and water sources.
- Keep the premises clean, wipe up spills, and eliminate clutter.
- Keep wood and vegetation away from the exterior perimeter.
- Seal up any cracks and crevices.
- Store all food sources in gnaw-proof containers.
- Store trash in a tightly sealed metal container.
While being proactive in your prevention efforts can certainly help, the most effective method of rodent control and prevention is to contact a team of pest professionals. Here at Mitchells Pest Control, we dedicate ourselves to keeping you guarded against rodent infestation all year long. Get in touch with us today to get started.
Why Stinging Insects Near Midlothian Homes Require Professional Help
There are a variety of stinging insect species here in Virginia. You will mostly find these pests outdoors, and they feed on other insects as well as nectar. Many stinging insects act as pollinators and prey on other insects, feeding on a wide variety of garden pests like cicadas, spiders, and many others.
They tend to find these food sources in your backyard, which is why your yard is a popular place for them to congregate and nest. Your backyard is full of conditions that attract stinging insects, as there’s plenty of space to nest and multiple food sources.
It’s hard to control all of the conducive conditions throughout your yard, making it difficult to stay on top of stinging insect populations throughout your property. That’s why stinging insects near Midlothian homes require professional help.
Only a team of pest professionals can provide the necessary treatments to rid your property of these invaders effectively. Reach out to the team at Mitchells Pest Control today to address your stinging insect control needs. We are here to help you.
Are You Attracting Wildlife Creatures To Your Midlothian Property?
Pest wildlife activity is a year-round issue here in Virginia. Oftentimes, property owners unknowingly bring these creatures into their space. It probably makes you wonder: are you attracting wildlife creatures to your Midlothian property?
A few conducive conditions may contribute to wildlife activity around your home or business. If there is easy access to trash and easily opened garbage cans outside, or leaving food out, including pet food, can draw them. Not storing food properly is also a factor. Overgrown vegetation and yard debris that provides shelter to pests can also cause problems, including suitable harborage spots like under decks and porches.
If you want guaranteed protection from wildlife infestation, the best thing to do is to call in a team of experienced pest professionals. Mitchells Pest Control is proud to provide complete wildlife control and prevention services that give you the year-round protection you deserve. Call us today, and we will set up your initial inspection right away.