Pest Control In Hanover, VA
Located in Hanover County, Hanover may be small, but it’s home to a historical landmark, the Hanover Courthouse. While the history of the town is abundant, so are its pest problems for homeowners and business owners.
Fortunately, Mitchells Pest Control can help. Here’s what local residents should know about Hanover County pest control for residential and commercial pest services, why you should rely on the pros for rodent infestations, and how you can keep stinging insects away during the summer.
Residential Pest Control In Hanover
When a pest invades your Hanover home, you don’t have to deal with it on your own. From ants to cockroaches, bed bugs, and even termites, we’re prepared to deal with a variety of pests. When you use our home pest control services from Mitchells Pest Control, you’ll get:
- Flexible scheduling that works around your plans
- Home and property inspections that will determine how pests are getting in, what’s attracting them, and where they may be hiding
- Customized pest control removal and elimination that’s designed to meet your needs
While one-time pest treatment may get rid of an existing infestation, our goal is to ensure that we’re preventing pests from becoming a permanent problem in your Hanover home.
Commercial Pest Control In Hanover
In addition to serving Hanover homes, we’re also committed to making sure your workplace and commercial property don’t have any run-ins with unwelcome critters. Our commercial pest control services include all the same perks as our residential plans, including flexible scheduling, thorough inspections, customized plans, and effective treatments that will permanently eliminate or reduce pests.
Keep in mind that all of our pest treatments come with a complete satisfaction guarantee. If your pest manages to make another appearance between scheduled visits, we’ll come back too – and it won’t cost you another penny. We’re confident in our effective treatments and our ability to keep pests away permanently, and we want you to be too.
Why You Should Call The Pros About Rodents On Your Hanover Property
Rodents are far from harmless, and these pests can do a lot of damage and destruction, which is why it’s best to rely on the pros for elimination and removal. Mice and rats can carry a variety of different diseases, including:
In addition to the diseases and bacteria they may spread through their droppings, rodents can also cause property damage when they chew through wires, walls, and other materials around your home.
Since these critters live in the wild, there’s always the potential for them to pick up parasites, like fleas, ticks, or mites, that can infest your home and pets too.
Along with contacting the pros at Mitchells Pest Control, here are some quick tips for keeping rodents out of your home:
- Avoid leaving leftovers and other open containers of food sitting out.
- Clean dirty dishes as soon as possible and don’t leave them sitting overnight.
- Use a rodent-proof material, like steel wool, to block any entry points in your foundation or walls.
- Keep any tree branches or shrubs trimmed back from the side of your house.
- Avoid leaving yard debris on your property, and make sure you inspect these items before you bring them inside.
- Address standing water and other moisture issues as soon as you notice them.
If rodents have already infested your home or business, call Mitchells Pest Control for fast and effective removal.
How Hanover Residents Can Keep Summer Stinging Insects Away
While it’s normal to spot the occasional wasp or stinging insect on your Hanover property, there are tips you can use to deter them from spending too much time in your yard or building nests, such as:
- Don’t leave any food scraps out in your yard, including rotting or ripe fruit, as many wasps and stinging insects have a big sweet tooth.
- Make sure you’re keeping your outdoor garbage can completely closed so that the rotting food doesn’t draw wasps in.
- Use a sealant like caulk to cover up any open cracks or crevices around your home.
- During the warmer months, make sure you don’t leave doors or windows to your home open for wasps to fly inside.
- Replace any torn or ripped window and door screens around your home to prevent wasps from coming inside.
If you do see a wasp nest on your Hanover property, you shouldn’t try to approach it on your own. The safest way to remove stinging insects, rodents, or any other pest is by contacting the pros at Mitchells Pest Control. We’ve got the experience, gear, and treatments to ensure we completely eliminate your problem pest as well as stop them from coming back.