Pest Control In Hanover, VA
Located in Hanover County, Hanover may be small, but it’s home to a historical landmark, the Hanover Courthouse. While the history of the town is abundant, so are its pest problems for homeowners and business owners.
Fortunately, Mitchells Pest Control can help. Here’s what local residents should know about Hanover County pest control for residential and commercial pest services, why you should rely on the pros for rodent infestations, and how you can keep stinging insects away during the summer.
Residential Pest Control In Hanover
When a pest invades your Hanover home, you don’t have to deal with it on your own. From ants to cockroaches, bed bugs, and even termites, we’re prepared to deal with a variety of pests. When you use our home pest control services from Mitchells Pest Control, you’ll get:
- Flexible scheduling that works around your plans
- Home and property inspections that will determine how pests are getting in, what’s attracting them, and where they may be hiding
- Customized pest control removal and elimination that’s designed to meet your needs
While one-time pest treatment may get rid of an existing infestation, our goal is to ensure that we’re preventing pests from becoming a permanent problem in your Hanover home.
Commercial Pest Control In Hanover
In addition to serving Hanover homes, we’re also committed to making sure your workplace and commercial property don’t have any run-ins with unwelcome critters. Our commercial pest control services include all the same perks as our residential plans, including flexible scheduling, thorough inspections, customized plans, and effective treatments that will permanently eliminate or reduce pests.
Keep in mind that all of our pest treatments come with a complete satisfaction guarantee. If your pest manages to make another appearance between scheduled visits, we’ll come back too – and it won’t cost you another penny. We’re confident in our effective treatments and our ability to keep pests away permanently, and we want you to be too.
Why You Should Call The Pros About Rodents On Your Hanover Property
Rodents are far from harmless, and these pests can do a lot of damage and destruction, which is why it’s best to rely on the pros for elimination and removal. Mice and rats can carry a variety of different diseases, including:
In addition to the diseases and bacteria they may spread through their droppings, rodents can also cause property damage when they chew through wires, walls, and other materials around your home.
Since these critters live in the wild, there’s always the potential for them to pick up parasites, like fleas, ticks, or mites, that can infest your home and pets too.
Along with contacting the pros at Mitchells Pest Control, here are some quick tips for keeping rodents out of your home:
- Avoid leaving leftovers and other open containers of food sitting out.
- Clean dirty dishes as soon as possible and don’t leave them sitting overnight.
- Use a rodent-proof material, like steel wool, to block any entry points in your foundation or walls.
- Keep any tree branches or shrubs trimmed back from the side of your house.
- Avoid leaving yard debris on your property, and make sure you inspect these items before you bring them inside.
- Address standing water and other moisture issues as soon as you notice them.
If rodents have already infested your home or business, call Mitchells Pest Control for fast and effective removal.
How Hanover Residents Can Keep Summer Stinging Insects Away
While it’s normal to spot the occasional wasp or stinging insect on your Hanover property, there are tips you can use to deter them from spending too much time in your yard or building nests, such as:
- Don’t leave any food scraps out in your yard, including rotting or ripe fruit, as many wasps and stinging insects have a big sweet tooth.
- Make sure you’re keeping your outdoor garbage can completely closed so that the rotting food doesn’t draw wasps in.
- Use a sealant like caulk to cover up any open cracks or crevices around your home.
- During the warmer months, make sure you don’t leave doors or windows to your home open for wasps to fly inside.
- Replace any torn or ripped window and door screens around your home to prevent wasps from coming inside.
If you do see a wasp nest on your Hanover property, you shouldn’t try to approach it on your own. The safest way to remove stinging insects, rodents, or any other pest is by contacting the pros at Mitchells Pest Control. We’ve got the experience, gear, and treatments to ensure we completely eliminate your problem pest as well as stop them from coming back.
Types Of Pest Birds Common To The Hanover Area
When most people think about the pests that might invade their property, birds aren’t the first animals that come to mind. After all, many people try to attract them with bird feeders and birdhouses. Some birds are pleasant to have around, but others can cause problems.
Birds can sneak through gaps in your roof and get caught in your attic, but that’s not the biggest issue. Some birds will build nests in gutters, chew wires, and spread illnesses to people. Problematic birds in Hanover include:
- House sparrows
- European starlings
Eliminating a bird infestation on your property is difficult because they can fly away and return when you’re not around. Fortunately, Mitchells Pest Control can help. Our pest control managers will remove birds from your property and provide tips to keep them from returning. Call us today if you need bird control in Hanover.
Cockroaches Spread Dangerous Pathogens In Your Hanover Home
Cockroaches are among the most dangerous pests in Hanover homes and the most difficult to eliminate. They get into houses through tiny holes in the exterior and hide in hard-to-reach spaces. These nocturnal pests remain hidden during the day and crawl around at night, spreading illnesses to people. But how do these pests cause residents to get sick?
These insects are attracted to unsanitary areas where they pick up various pathogens. They carry bacteria and other microorganisms on their bodies, leaving them on food and surfaces as they crawl. People can pick up these pathogens from infected objects and develop illnesses, including:
- Salmonellosis: After spreading through contaminated food, salmonellosis causes diarrhea, abdominal pain, and fever.
- Typhoid fever: Bacteria attaches to hands and spreads when touching food and drinks, resulting in fever, stomach pain, headaches, diarrhea, and a cough.
- Cholera: Caused by ingesting contaminated food or water, cholera causes diarrhea, vomiting, and leg cramps.
- Gastroenteritis: Commonly called the stomach flu, gastroenteritis symptoms include vomiting and diarrhea.
- Dysentery: As an infection of the intestines, dysentery results in stomach cramps, vomiting, and a high temperature.
- Listeriosis: Most troublesome for pregnant women, newborns, and older people; listeriosis causes flu-like symptoms.
- Giardia: By spreading through contaminated food or water, giardia causes diarrhea, gas, stomach cramps, nausea, and dehydration.
- E. coli infection: While a relatively harmless bacteria, E. coli usually causes diarrhea.
Waiting to call pest professionals to get rid of cockroaches enables these pests to continue spreading pathogens in your home. Our pest control managers will inspect your house to find these pests and eliminate the infestation. Let us know when you spot cockroaches in your house so we can remove them.
Natural Ways To Deter Wildlife From Your Hanover Yard
Various wild animals in Hanover can invade your yard. These pests begin causing visible damage immediately, digging in gardens and removing roof tiles. They can tear insulation and ductwork or chew on wires if they get into your house.
Once wild animals get onto your property, it can be hard to remove them. The easier option is to deter wildlife from getting into your yard in the first place. Fortunately, there are several things you can do to keep these pests from causing problems around your home, such as:
- Apply tight-fitting lids to your garbage cans.
- Construct a sturdy fence around your property.
- Remove piles of leaves and debris.
- Bring pet food inside at night.
- Trim tree branches away from your roof.
These tips can help deter wildlife from invading your property, but they won’t stop all creatures. Approaching wild animals can be dangerous because some attack when they feel threatened, so you should call a professional wildlife removal company when you see these pests.
Our pest control managers at Mitchells Pest Control will inspect your property to find any wildlife and use the best techniques to remove them. We’ll also take steps to prevent them from returning and offer advice to deter them. Contact us when you see wildlife around your Hanover property.
The Best Thing To Do About Termites Around Your Hanover Home
Despite their small sizes, termites are one of the pests homeowners fear most. These insects use mud tunnels to invade homes and slowly eat the wood inside. As a result, they can cause significant damage before you recognize an infestation has occurred.
The best way to avoid termite damage is to call a professional pest control company as soon as you notice them. But how do you know termites are in your home? Some signs of termites in your Hanover house include:
- Small, round holes in wood.
- Shed termite wings.
- Termite swarmers.
- Small piles of sawdust-like material called termite frass.
When you see any of these signs, call Mitchells Pest Control. Our pest control managers will inspect your property to determine where the termites are coming from and eliminate the nest. We also offer bimonthly maintenance treatments to protect your house from future infestations. Call us today if you spot signs of termites in your Hanover home.